Wednesday, December 1, 2010

{Advent Lunches} Isaiah 60:1

In the spirit of advent, I am starting a new segment on my blog called Advent Lunches. This year instead of having a traditional advent calender I decided to use my bento lunches to share Christmas scriptures with the girls.

Online I found a free advent coloring series called "Because of Jesus" to go along side their lunches. This week we're learning how "Jesus Gives Hope", Isaiah 60:1-3. Today's focus was verse 1.

“Arise, shine, for your light has come,and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."


Left Section:

  • Christmas tree sandwich with a star shaped fruit leather
  • Honey Crisp apple presents

Right Section:

  • Pickle pieces with a gingerbread man pick
  • Christmas shaped pretzels

If you follow my blog you probably know by now when I say I'm going to post something "everyday for a ...", it doesn't actually happen. So I'm not going to promise a post everyday, but I will promise if you come back, it'll be worth your while!!! Think bento giveaway!!!

2 comments:

  1. As if you have to bribe me to come back. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific way to teach the little ones about the true meaning of the season. I am always impressed with your creativity and am in your fan club. :o)

    ReplyDelete