Wednesday, October 6, 2010

{Briar's Green Apple Party} Part 1 the Dessert Table

This year I decided to throw Briar a Green Apple Birthday Party. I fell in love with a digital scrapbook kit eight months ago and decided to design Briar's second birthday party around it. I loved that the Green Apple theme was both fallish and girly, but what sealed the deal was when a friend gave me a cupcake cookbooks which featured adorable Apple Cupcakes. After months of mentally planning here she is, the best part of any party, the dessert table.

Oh wait, the best part of this party was the Birthday Girl!!!

(Briar Noelle Dohner)

First any Green Apple Birthday Party must have, green apples.

As well as, green apple candy.

Which I indecently forgot to give out to the guest.
An Appletini (Pear Apple Italian Soda) in a mason jar seemed fun.

These treat boxes were an easy and fun craft. Briar loved the "pop" thy held.

Now the cupcakes prove I'm no professional cake decorator, but they also show I don't care.
I love making my kids own baked goods. Even after I spent two days, numerous hours and lots of grief trying to recreate Bakerella's Apple Cakepops.
Thankfully a bag of marshmallows saved the day.
Stay tuned for Part 2: Fun & Food.

3 comments: