Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Spookatular

If yesterday was a terrible day, today was a terrific day!

A few months ago I found season ticket to the San Antonio Symphony's Family Series on the cheap and in an effort to mold my girls into "accomplished" young women, I snagged then up! This afternoon was their first performance of the season, Halloween Spooktacular.

In the spirit of family friendliness, the kids were encouraged to wear their costumes.

Meet Lady Bug Brie.
Not to be confused with Lady Bug Briar!

Once we arrived the girls had the opportunity to create Trick or Treat bags. At this point the Symphony's PR lady came over and asked if she could use my girl's as models for the event. Of course being the proud mother I am, I sad "YES!" Too bad the photographer showed up in a witch costume, setting my painfully shy/timid girls into a fit of tears. Don't think we'll be making the newsletter!

Thankfully the viola witch was nicer, Brie enjoyed "petting" Amy's instruments. Maybe I can convince her to play the violin instead of the piano she desires, it sure would take up less space.

After the petting zoo, there was one last art project--mask making!
Before long it was time to find our seats, but not until we picked up our very own San Antonio Symphony conductor stick, aka "Balon".

Don't I have cute little Maestros.
The concert itself was beautiful; Tchaikovsky, Copland, Bizet and my favorite piece of the afternoon Wendel's Ride of the Headless Horseman.

The girl's enjoyed it so much they crashed on the way home, which NEVER happens. And yes that is a McDonald's Happy Meal in the back seat, no bento today.
Aside from having to miss the church picnic it was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon with my sweet girls!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you live in SA. Soooo many wonderful opportunities. And those ladybug costumes are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful comment on my "Ride Of The Headless Horseman." I portion of it is available on Youtube, and the track can be bought on iTunes or Amazon.com
    (search under Robert Wendel)
    Feel free to leave a comment on the YouTube page too.

    ReplyDelete