Take yesterday for example, I made the girls these mummy hot dogs. An idea I found in a Target $1 cookbook. Unfortunately, they hated it. Something about the turkey wrapped around the hot dog being "dirty"!
Thankfully for the girl's I'm an easy mom and I quickly changed their lunch up.
- Hot dog on fall leaf picks
- Halloween pasta
- "Pumpkin" Mandarin Orange
- Cheese "fingers"
- Junior mints in an orange silicone cup
Today I tried another new lunch item, spider shaped croutons. I saw this idea a few weeks ago on the blog Another Lunch, but didn't have any plans to make them. Until a batch of my homemade whole wheat bread didn't rise perfectly. Instead of wasting the bread, I decided to bake it and turn it in to yummy croutons for lunches, snacks and stuffing.
Behold today's Halloween bento lunch, Webulious!
- Spider Web and Spider crouton
- Left over chicken in an orange silicone cup
- Cheese squares on a jeweled pick
- Mummy marshmallows in a mini silicone cup
- Mandarin orange
Who knows what tomorrow's lunch will holds, but one thing is for sure it'll be cute!