Sunday, November 21, 2010

God's Timing

**In honor of Thanksgiving week for the next five days I will be posting some of the many things I'm thankful for.**

This weekend our cousin-once-removed Alice made a quick visit to San Antonio.


The family was excited to help her celebrate the completion of a New Testament translation. I was even more excited to learn the New Testament was in the Maithili language. You see my Indian friend Nive speaks Maithili.

Nive is a sweet friend of mine from Indian who just this week became a US citizen. I had the privilege to be at the ceremony.

I was even more blessed to hold her son at the exact moment Nive swore in, something I'll never forget.

So today I am thankful for God's timing. That in the same week my friend Nive became a US citizen I was able to hold a New Testament in her language. Now because of the work of Wycliff missionaries like Alice, the Maithili people of India and Nepal can read the New Testament in their own language. Praise God!

4 comments: