Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother's Day Vacay

This year was probably my best Mother's Day yet. No, it wasn't just because I received Tulips delivered to my door. Or because Rob bought me a plethora of kitchen gadgets.
(Asparagus Steamer, William & Sonoma Pink Spatulas & Adjustable silicone measuring spoon).
Those gifts were special, but the best part about my Mother's Day was I spent it at the beach with my mom.
That right, the "Dowell Ladies" spent three superb days in Port Aransas together. Three days filled with Sun, Surf, Sand and Sweets.
The hotel pool was perfect during our sunny spring days!

The surf was so rough a shore-side wave knocked Brie to the ground causing her to cry. In fact the winds were so wicked, it turned my normally tame hair into a wild mess, also causing Brie to cry. Needless to say we stayed on the other side of the Aransas seaweed.



Opposite of the seaweed is where we built our sand-castle building. Although there was a whole lot of smooching going on there too!


And no vacation could be complete without good food--good sweets to be exact. Mandarin Orange Cupcakes, Strawberry Creme Pie, Chocolate Chip Moose and lots and lots of ice cream.



I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Mother's Day than being with my favorite ladies. Oh and the beach didn't hurt! How we have lived in San Antonio so long and never visited the coast, I don't know! Let's just say Mom (and Dad) are making plans to go back when they visit in October!

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Now I wan to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaaaay! An update! Great pictures, great story, great time! Your mom is pretty. Make sure you tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Mother's Day! So glad you got to spend time with your girls (daughters and mom), that makes the day even more special. :)

    ReplyDelete