Monday, June 25, 2012

Contentment

I'm so proud of my little trooper, Brie!  Today was a busy day for her, she spent the morning at the hospital having several tests done in regards to her Sturge Weber Syndrome.
After all the "scary tests" were over, we could smile over a Chick-fa-la lunch before heading to the neurologist.
In true Dr. Seals fashion, we experienced a four hour wait in his office.  Thankfully, mommy was prepared with lots of activities to keep us busy.  Like, Lego Friend kits...
coloring pages, and story books.
Finally, at 6:30 we were able to spend thirty minutes with our neurologist.  After an entire day and $1100 spent we basically learned, "there is abnormal activity in the brain, however, we don't know what it is."  Oh Joy!  Added medication, a scheduled 24 hour EEG, and a "what did he say?" later, we were off to Starbuck to drown the day's stresses away with a frosty drink.
A frosty drink, and a couple of treats for our "brave" girls. 
Part of me wants to say, "Poor Little Brieto", but then I'm reminded of my go-to mom verse, Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

The brilliant doctors may not have an exact idea of what is going on in sweet Brie's brain, but my God, her Creator does.  He fearfully and wonderfully made her, He placed that sweet birthmark on her face, He allows every seizure to pass, and He gives our family the grace to handle it.  So today as I face another, "we don't know, let's try this" doctors visit, I can be content in those words.  I am content, because her Creator is in control, and my hope is founded in nothing less than Jesus Christ's righteousness. 

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if there is anything you need!! I hope the doctor's find an answer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouragement and blessing you are, Jess, to those of us who don't have these kinds of days. You handle them with such confidence and grace. You are a testimony of your Saviors love!

    ReplyDelete